Carnauba Wax – Organic – Type 1
6005 Organic Carnauba Wax Type 1, is a 100% natural Carnauba Wax certified organic by The Soil Association (SA Certification Ltd).
Carnauba Wax is obtained from the leaves of the indigenous ‘Copernica Cerifera’ palm tree, which grows in northern Brazil. The colour and quality of this product is determined by the age of the leaves and the process of extraction.
Carnauba wax has an outstanding hardness and abrasion resistance and is compatible with many other waxes. Carnauba Wax is considered the hardest of natural waxes and produces a durable film.
6005 Organic Carnauba Wax is light in colour, flake format and is used in food, pharma and cosmetic applications.
We also supply Type 3 and 4 Carnauba Wax (flake format, non organic).
Please do contact us if you have any questions or if you prefer to discuss your requirements, please call us on 01737 761 242.
Minimum order: 25 kg
- INCI Name
- Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax
- Moisture, (Internal testing)
- 1% Max
- Melting point, USP XXX p.305
- 80 – 86 °C
- Insoluble impurities, (Internal testing)
- 0.2% Max
- Volatile matter including moisture at 175 °C, (Internal testing)
- 1.0% Max
- Acid value, ASTM D-1386-98
- 2 – 7 mg KOH / g
- Saponification value, ASTM D-1387-89
- 78 – 95 mg KOH / g
- Ester value, USP XXX p. 158
- 71 – 88 mg KOH / g
- Residue on ignition, USP XXX p. 150
- 0.25% MAX
- Heavy metals, USP XXX method II p. 146
- 20 ug / g MAX
- Colour, GARDNER
- 2 - 4