Yellow Beeswax, Slabs
Our Yellow Beeswax 5045 is supplied in yellow slabs or blocks, with a fine-grained, matt, non-crystalline fracture; becomes soft and pliable when warmed by hand. Odour, faint and characteristic of honey. Relative density, about 0.96.
This wax is practically insoluble in water; partially soluble in hot ethanol (90%) and in ether; completely soluble in fatty and essential oils.
- Drop melting point, °C, Ph. Eur 6.0 (2.2.17)
- 61 – 66
- Saponification value, mg KOH/g, Ph. Eur.6.0
- 87 – 104
- Acid value, mg KOH/g, Ph. Eur. 6.0
- 17 – 24
- Ester value Mg KOH/g Ph. Eur. 6.0
- 70 – 80
- Hydrocarbon value, %, GC-MS
- 12 – 19