White Beeswax – technical grade
This technical grade White Beeswax complains with the maximum value of 18% for the total hydrocarbon content stated in the Quality Mark for candles and candlemaking (RAL-GZ041).
Scope of this quality mark is to guarantees that beeswax is genuine and unadulterated, and possess sufficient purity from undesired components.
This beeswax is pure, bleached, original from China. Comes in white pieces or plates, translucent when thin, with a fine-grained, matt, non-crystalline fracture; becomes soft and pliable when warmed by hand.
Practically insoluble in water; partially soluble in hot ethanol (90% V/V) and completely soluble in fatty and essential oils.
- INCI Name
- Cera Alba
- Drop point, °C, Ph. Eur 6.0 (2.2.17)
- 61 – 66
- Acid value, mg KOH/g, Ph. Eur. 6.0
- 17 – 24
- Ester value, mg KOH/g, Ph. Eur. 6.0 (2.5.2)
- 70 – 80
- Saponification value, mg KOH/g, Ph. Eur.6.0
- 87 – 104
- Hydrocarbon Content, %, GB/T 23414-2009
- Max. 18%