White Beeswax – technical grade
This technical grade White Beeswax complies with the maximum value 18% hydrocarbon content stated in the Quality Mark for candles and candlemaking (RAL-GZ041). The scope of this quality mark is to guarantee that beeswax is genuine and unadulterated, and possess sufficient purity from undesired components.
This beeswax is bleached and sourced from China. Available in white pellets or plates, translucent when thin, with a fine-grained matt, non-crystalline fracture; becomes soft and pliable when warmed by hand.
Practically insoluble in water; partially soluble in hot ethanol (90% V/V) and completely soluble in fatty and essential oils.
- INCI Name
- Cera Alba
- Drop point, °C, Ph. Eur 6.0 (2.2.17)
- 61 – 66
- Acid value, mg KOH/g, Ph. Eur. 6.0
- 17 – 24
- Ester value, mg KOH/g, Ph. Eur. 6.0 (2.5.2)
- 70 – 80
- Saponification value, mg KOH/g, Ph. Eur.6.0
- 87 – 104
- Hydrocarbon Content, %, GB/T 23414-2009
- Max. 18%